The Birds of America series, by painter and naturalist John James Audubon (born 1785), was first published as a series in sections between 1827 and 1838. In total the series contained 435 life-sized watercolors of North America birds, all reproduced from hand-engraved plates. At the age of 35, Audubon declared his intention to paint every bird in North America.
This mug features Audubon's American White Pelican Plate, which was accompanied by the following opening text in Birds of America:
"I feel great pleasure, good reader, in assuring you, that our White Pelican, which has hitherto been considered the same as that found in Europe, is quite different. In consequence of this discovery, I have honoured it with the name of my beloved country, over the mighty streams of which, may this splendid bird wander free and unmolested to the most distant times, as it has already done from the misty ages of unknown antiquity."
The vibrant design is permanently applied to the mug and will not fade over time, even with frequent use.
Surprise your friend or loved one with this great gift for their birthday, anniversary, housewarming, or other holiday. This is also a perfect present for a co-worker or anyone else in your life.
Most importantly, shop with confidence. We offer a 100% money-back guarantee and your complete satisfaction is our top priority.
- DURABLE: Mug is crafted from quality ceramic material
- VIBRANT: Bold colors and designs which appear on both sides of the mug
- LONG LASTING: Dishwasher and microwave safe, will not fade from use
- MEMORABLE GIFT: Treat yourself or give a present to someone special. Great birthday, anniversary, housewarming, or other holiday present for a friend, colleague, family member or other loved one
- WORRY FREE: If you are not satisfied, let us know and we will make it right