The Birds of America series, by painter and naturalist John James Audubon (born 1785), was first published as a series in sections between 1827 and 1838. In total the series contained 435 life-sized watercolors of North America birds, all reproduced from hand-engraved plates. At the age of 35, Audobon declared his intention to paint ever bird in North America.
This mug features Audobon's Little Owl Plate, which was accompanied by the following opening text in Birds of America:
"This lively and beautiful little Owl is found in almost every portion of the United States. I have observed it breeding in Louisiana, Kentucky, and along our Eastern States, as far as Maine, where, however, it becomes scarce, being, as it were, replaced by the Tengmalm Owl, which I have seen as far south as Bangor, in Maine. It is rare in the lower parts of South Carolina, where indeed my friend Bachman never observed it."
The vibrant design is permanently applied to the mug and will not fade over time, even with frequent use.
Surprise your friend or loved one with this great gift for their birthday, anniversary, housewarming, or other holiday. This is also a perfect present for a co-worker or anyone else in your life.
Most importantly, shop with confidence. We offer a 100% money-back guarantee and your complete satisfaction is our top priority.
- DURABLE: Mug is crafted from quality ceramic material
- VIBRANT: Bold colors and designs which appear on both sides of the mug
- LONG LASTING: Dishwasher and microwave safe, will not fade from use
- MEMORABLE GIFT: Treat yourself or give a present to someone special. Great birthday, anniversary, housewarming, or other holiday present for a friend, colleague, family member or other loved one
- WORRY FREE: If you are not satisfied, let us know and we will make it right